Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us, we are waiting for you.

Hyper Blue JCW

OEM flywheel mounting surface thickness?

I'm about to finally replace my clutch and flywheel and I'd like to verify I have everything before I pull it apart.

My OS Giken Grand Touring single disc clutch didn't come with flywheel to engine bolts. The distributor I bought it from tells me they are no longer provided by OS Giken as the design has been changed so stock bolts can be used.

I have trust issues and don't want to find out I need different bolts when it's all apart.

Can anyone here verify the thickness of the flywheel where it bolts to the engine so I can verify that OE bolts will fit before I pull it all apart?

post-877-0-69366100-1543658421_thumb.png

No measurements to hand but I was surprised how thick the dmf centre section was - much thicker than your picture. There is a mini parts supplier who stock the shorter bolts for single mass flywheels about £50 for the set! Can’t remember their name!!

I'm about to finally replace my clutch and flywheel and I'd like to verify I have everything before I pull it apart.

My OS Giken Grand Touring single disc clutch didn't come with flywheel to engine bolts. The distributor I bought it from tells me they are no longer provided by OS Giken as the design has been changed so stock bolts can be used.

I have trust issues and don't want to find out I need different bolts when it's all apart.

Can anyone here verify the thickness of the flywheel where it bolts to the engine so I can verify that OE bolts will fit before I pull it all apart?

post-877-0-69366100-1543658421_thumb.png

This is correct with new Gikens, they have modified the flywheel design. We just installed a STR single plate and that was the statement and yes the clutch and flywheel fitted.

No measurements to hand but I was surprised how thick the dmf centre section was - much thicker than your picture. There is a mini parts supplier who stock the shorter bolts for single mass flywheels about £50 for the set! Can’t remember their name!!

That was my concern. Vecchio Engineering sells shorter bolts for £79 a set, my problem is I don't want to spend that and find out they aren't needed. Also, if the expensive clutch/flywheel I bought was supposed to include them I'm not paying £79 for another set.

The joys of having just one car and having to plan and manage downtime. :wacko: