Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us, we are waiting for you.

Sign in to follow this  
Blacky

PLAN "B" - MINI33

OK, so seeing as MINI34 is out of action for a few months I thought we might need a PLAN "B" for the middle of the year and maybe longer

So here is PLAN "B" :D

Hopefully I can keep this one together until the other one is back together :wacko:

41457791324_25c8145502_c.jpgMini33 by Mini 34, on Flickr

41278311425_edcfb390d5_z.jpgMini87 2 wheeling by Mini 34, on Flickr

42132259732_cd50234b22_b.jpgMini87 2 Wheeling a by Mini 34, on Flickr

This is how he looks at the moment, so a little sorry and lonely but we will give a quick polish and tidy up ready for some track time

28293906798_6707e87fef_c.jpgUntitled by Mini 34, on Flickr

Hey robbo I nearly tipped Daniel in mini34. Low 33s I did a high 33 this year.

See what happens. And don't worry mini34 is still around and hopefully back before the year is out. BIGGER AND BETTER

robbo send me some ideas in what you have done performance wise.

Give me a ring at some stage. The cars respond well to ethanol mixes. I run 20-25% with no mods to fuel pumps etc. Fuel trim on native ECU works out ok for AFR's. Makes a little more power, and runs cooler.

Heat management can be a problem, you need to watch oil and water temps.

R56 chassis seems much better suspension wise.

Power delivery is different, more low end and runs out of puff up high.

Overall they are a great car though, very fast out of the box.

BTW I was vaguely thinking of selling my R56 circuit car, but probably in 6-12 months

Funny that inwas talking with trent at chequer and thst is what he was saying, sekf mic up to E30 and you can get away with standsrd Di fuel systems

Funny you mention your car, i was thinking of contacting you but thiught you wouldnt trust me with ankther i

Of your kinn 🤔

Ill touch base on weekend, if that suits ill be at winton keeping other half company while she works

Different to drive for sure. I actually short shift mine mostly by around 500rpm. If you run to the redline you are starting to run out of puff. It does depend on the situation though, sometimes its best to hold it rather than change. Up the hill at wakefield is like that. The R53 by comparison just feels like it gets stronger as it revs. The torque of the R56 is great for powering out of corners.

One thing I didn't mention to you about that car and the cooling, is that sometimes it is not best to draft a car closely. If you draft too closely you can feel the power drop off, as the airflow through the coolers drops off.

I think that is the exact same mod I made to the pedals in the green car when I had it!

The cage in those cars is top notch, BMW factory built and installed and FIA spec. However, I wonder why they only gussetted the door cross bars on 3 sides? To make getting out easier I guess?

Those callipers have to bled from both sides?

Shakedown at Sandown went ok, have a miss at WOT and 5,000 rpm. So suspect coil or plug,so will out a new set onand see if it goes away.

Funny think is you can drive it pretty fast under 5,000, blew a intercooler hose off. Note to self get catch can on asap, these things blow so much oil into inlet!!!!

Only had a single session on warm slicks and ran with 3 s of PB so withthe issues and not much real time I'm happy with that.

Take away from day, these things are pretty fast. the suspension is so much more compliant that 34s bilsteins, can really take the kerb well. And real rubber offers grip.

Lag! Lag! Lag!

Have to drive car completely different to 34