Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us, we are waiting for you.

JannerSy

Gen 1 Fibre glass panels

So ive read a few threads on here where people talk about fibreglass panels/bonnet/boot becoming available for the R53 but im yet to see any detail for who is recommended.

Any of you time attack guys or racers able to advise?

Id wager there are some massive savings to be made on panels, especially the bonnet as it incorporates two front wings!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ill message him and see if he can conment. How do ypu find fitmwnt of the hinges, lights and grill etc.

Much weight difference?

I have the moulds for bonnet , doors and boot

Time is the problem as i have to take time off work to drop the moulds off and then again to collect.

Doors are the biggest weight saving but all the GRP requires you to make things fit such as the lexan , lights, etc

I made them for track so show quality fit they are not and cheap they are not also

Speak to nige aka brownpants I have grp bonnet of his 👌

He has boot and doors aswell

Any idea on the weight savings for the bonnet and how much work was required to make the bonnet fit properly as well as support lights and grill etc.

I have the moulds for bonnet , doors and boot

Time is the problem as i have to take time off work to drop the moulds off and then again to collect.

Doors are the biggest weight saving but all the GRP requires you to make things fit such as the lexan , lights, etc

I made them for track so show quality fit they are not and cheap they are not also

Im not after show quality but im assuming they do fit properly etc. Also when you say make thing's fit like lexan windows etc how much 'making fit' are we talking of?

Good news peeps. GRP panels will be available from October.

I'm now out the country for the foreseeable and only back for races now and got very lucky with an offer from CCF Fibreglass to develop the moulds for bonnet, boot, bonnet, doors and arches on my car. Flying out today so dropped the car off yesterday and will be getting a mate to pick it up later this month.

I've also asked them to look at headlight caps as well. Final prices will be as per the R56 options

https://ccf-fibreglass.co.uk/t/bmw-mini-fibreglass-spoilers--body-styling-products

That's the boot lid made for the R53 Mini by CCF Fibreglass. 2.5kg versus 7kg stock without rear window and latches. The rear window is 7kg+, so with lexan being 50% lighter than glass it should equate to a saving at the back of the car of around 8kg.

Next up; bonnet, doors and headlight blanks.0887155a9789f5f58adb887775622e99.jpga38180262ebe307244d2796e28068fd0.jpg

Looks good! Do they fit well?
No idea lol I live and work in Cyprus and its still waiting the doors, bonnet and headlight blanks before wits picked up.

I come back to UK for prearranged work meetings conveniently located around race weekends haha

No idea lol I live and work in Cyprus and its still waiting the doors, bonnet and headlight blanks before wits picked up.

I come back to UK for prearranged work meetings conveniently located around race weekends haha

I could quite happily pack my stuff up and move to Cyprus. A beautiful country 😎

Are you planning on refitting the stock spoiler? Is it worth keeping for aero or is it better to ditch it in favour of weight saving?
I'll eventually fit a spoiler to it, something like the GP one but haven't got that much monies lol