Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us, we are waiting for you.

lee07771

UK FIRST TVS MINI ?

We are using race fuel as a safeguard as the car is entered for The Pomeroy Trophy at Silverstone this month , your right tony it added about 5% across the two figures. The cam was changed also and this helped with power and torque.I have two maps onthe car,one race fuel and one petrol which will be controlled via a switch.

Lee, what IATs are you seeing when at WOT? Are you running meth to cool it down?

I think you'll only see gains with E85 or race fuel if you tune the car to take that into account. As both are less prone to knock, etc.

But feel free to explain this, as well, as I'd like to learn.

Thanks!

Thanks mate yes like shit off a shovel but those Clio's are surprisingly quick I think a wheel bearing went on the last lap so Ross let off the speed but otherwise no one could catch him.He was lapping around 2:41 which seems ok as he doesn't know the circuit.I bet you were frozen stiff on the way home in that Frazer Nash ! How did your mate get on in his car ?

Has anyone used a Newman PH4 cam?

Are you talking about these BMWI/272/400 PH3/4 ?

I'am looking new ones or BMWI/272/400 PH3/4 or Catcam 1302469

Sadly no feedback on the BMWI/272/400 PH3/4 and newman had a batch with really bad quality cams, anyone can confirm this ?

Cheers,

Hi Lee,

congrats on the good results. Have you built all the supercharger parts by yourself to fit it on the car (supercharger front with pulley, fittings, pipe to supercharger) or have you someone who can make more such parts? :)

I am using the Newman ph3/4 272/400 camshaft on my car with stock head and vipec. I am driving with it for more than 4 years with no problems. Its a great cam, idle needs to be increased to around 900rpm. car gains power until the limiter, i have mine put at 7300 as still running stock head. Car makes 243hp with methanol measured on a very conservative dyno.

If you still need the 1000cc injectors I have a new (never mounted) spare set from RMW to sell, I am running the same on my car. I am from Europe so shipping to UK is not a problem and no import tax to pay.

http://www.trackmini.com/index.php/topic/1437-1000cc-injectors-from-rmw-new-never-used/

Hi,

Thanks for the reply all the parts that have been made can be replicated as jigs have been made and some cnc parts I will get more parts made in the future but haven't settled on an ideal set up yet .Thanks for the offer regarding the injectors but I bought a set a few weeks ago.I wouldn't mind trying a Newman ph4 but until I need to remove the current head this is not going to happen as it is expensive to keep changing.

Made some louvres today for the old girl decided to rivet instead of welding as I think it would warp the bonnet too much .Primered and dust coat as I am not sure when the paint fairy will put colour on the bonnet.(my brother) he does not know yet .939e5fc1b7f45061ab0d348b6a78b5ea.jpg441e59b84b23e14bb7d73a7c370d9056.jpg19123f32e7fd20fa748ae770162ee375.jpgdef8d8e4ece40b0ed67b1eb51c7c2d12.jpg0f930f1042382e94231f9856a80aedaa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made some louvres today for the old girl decided to rivet instead of welding as I think it would warp the bonnet too much .Primered and dust coat as I am not sure when the paint fairy will put colour on the bonnet.(my brother) he does not know yet .

Nice job on the riveting, wouldn't want to make it ugly by welding.

I'm not sure if I'd have pointed the louvers the other way though, flow heat out rather than cold air in.

Hey Lee

I think scraggles is right, you want to point backwards in effect creating a Venturi and then creating or trying to create negative pressure under the bonnet. This alloys more air to come thru radiator and bonnet scoop.

You also need to be carefull with the vents below windscreen and how these hope up under the bonnet. This area is low pressure and will draw air into the engine bay, hence good for CAI proving you are well seal to rest of engine bay, or again you are adding pressure to work against bonnet main scoop.

The the final piece would be to run an under tray, like the original GP had again mimicking the amount of unwanted pressurised air entering the under bonnet.

If proalloy ever come thru with my tmic I'll install some vents as mentioned. I recently removed the plastic fireway thingy, so will seal up windscreen vents as don't need for cabin ventilation (have none) and cai is moved to behind headlight.

All that said still love the beast (MADMAX) style.

Hey Lee,

Great work on pressing out them hood vents. I am also a little curious of your choice of direction but what I am really curious about are them two hoses on the left side. can you post under hood picture?

I like that you also cut out the CAI Radiator duct and just like Craig, I also like the MADMAX look :thumbup:

looks like i will be changing the direction.i was going on info gathered from my family who build pre war cars.better change before the bonnet gets coloured.

Jorge the two hoses will feed the airbox or is this a bad idea also?I have fabbed a ruff scoop to sit over the vent feeding those two pipes.

The car has been running well had a couple of races and a few track days but broke at Silverstone on Thursday ( Only a driveshaft ).I have pulled the engine out to put a new fully forged engine in so hopefully back up and running soon.

After a long wait for engineered parts and supplies to come through the engine is built and back in the car.The engine has been run in and is awaiting some tuning ,hopefully all good to go for Thursday. Once tuned using the pro alloy top mount to get some figures from old engine to new I will put on the front mount intercooler that has been made to see what boost and power figures we have and mainly IAT but really the wrong time of year but we will see.