Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us, we are waiting for you.

Evening all,

I came accross MiniMatt via a thread in a different forum and at MITP a few weeks ago he was the only new mini trader. I was looking for some R56 JCW Brembos for my R53 and he was really helpful and said he'd see what he could do. Cooperke S was selling a set on here at a good price, but with p&p and paypal exchange rates it was a tad higher than i wanted to pay (still sorry), but MiniMatt came back to me and had a good set and a good price with new pads and discs and fitting.

I spent 5hrs up there today getting them fitted and he showed me all the bits that needed to be cut out for the rears, answered any questions and was really helpful and we talked about a few other things. For £1k i drove out with shiney new brakes all round, a catch can and set of coolant hoses - i consider that to be oretty good going (and i even managed to get a few cups of tea while waiting).

I hadnt realised that he does mods, remaps etc as well and i thought he mostly did preowned stuff, but it appears he does and at a good price. There were mountains of used stuff of all types, all in good nick and a shiney new aero bumper i was tempted by. I had a good time with Matt and recommend them. Good customer services via email, finds the things you want at a reasonable price, v helpful.

As for the brakes, just bedding them in on the way home and will continue to do so for a while. They clearly have a lot of extra stopping power. Fitting, apart from cutting a small bit out at the rears didnt seem tk be a huge drama, but you do need spacers up front to fit on standard S-spoke. They look great and really fill up the rim. As ive read before, the pedal is a bit softer and does travel a bit further which will take some getting used to, but once you push down, the car will come to a halt pretty quickly (and i have avoided really pushing them that hard until properly bedded in so look forward to that. Off to 1320 tomorrow for clutch, springs, pulleys etc. Hopefully after all that i should have a nice tidy, tight little package without going ott or spending excessivly.

Likewise, thats why i thought id write this post because as you say, i think ive only ever seem them mentioned once or twice. They seemed really busy and the phone was going all day so im surprised ive not seen more, and like i said they were the only modern mini stand at MITP with all those bits and bobs you want. Im happy with the service ive recived today and happy to spread the word.

Matt is a great guy, I have in the past spoke to him about forums etc but he always says he is far too busy to bother with them. He does very well and does provide a great service. It is a shame that he got rid of his body shop as the items I had painted was very good but the stress was too much for him