Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us, we are waiting for you.

marchutch

MINI GP1 0636

Talking of that (and a bit early as the kit isn't even on the car yet) but does anyone have any recommendations of companies that make brake discs to spec so I can avoid the silly replacement costs charged by Brembo?

Nice, just keep an eye on them for cracking if your tracking it

I noticed that the holes in those particular disc are chamfered quite deeply. Does that prevent cracking? I would imagine that if it does it would keep the cracking away from the visable outer surfaces but they couldn't have possibly chamfered the internal surfaces of the cooling veins. Cracks like 90degree corners :(

Properly lovely discs though nonetheless.

Thanks guys! I make most of my purchasing decisions for the GP based on performance considerations only. This is one of the first times I have made a decision partially based on aesthetics. I really really hope this hasn't been a mistake. Time will tell!

Anyway, Abingdon airfield booked for 04/04. May also book a morning at Goodwood on 15/03 if the installation of the new kit goes well.

Haha thanks for the reassurance that I haven't just spent an obscene amount of money on some kit that is going to run away and hide in a corner the first time I show it a big braking zone - I hope you're right!

I don't sell any of the original parts off the GP. Apart from the front strut towers that have been cut to allow for the adjustment of the Clubsport topmounts everything should be relatively easy (if not cheap) to return to stock if I ever wanted to.

It is extremely unlikely that I will ever sell it though. It is a lifetime (track)car.

I'm sure the brakes will be ok Matt

It's Mark you blind git Chris :lol:

Only thing I would say is that the Brembos are quite a heavy set up as I had them on another Mini . With Carbotech XP10's , SRF fluid and braided lines of course they worked very well . I had to change them as Toyo had no R888's in 17 left and it was the Regulation tyre so had to drop to 16's = How crap is that :angry:

We now have Alcons off a WRC Subaru and they will stay with us for life :D

It's Mark you blind git Chris :lol:

Only thing I would say is that the Brembos are quite a heavy set up as I had them on another Mini . With Carbotech XP10's , SRF fluid and braided lines of course they worked very well . I had to change them as Toyo had no R888's in 17 left and it was the Regulation tyre so had to drop to 16's = How crap is that :angry:

We now have Alcons off a WRC Subaru and they will stay with us for life :D

I'm tired!!! It's been new reg week and I have a nocturnal child. Oh and I've been doing bodywork on the shed till silly I clock!!!

Anyway excuses over, apologies mark

Welcome along I imagine I will see ur car 2moz as I'm taking mine to lohen for a little set up time

I ran drill disc on Porsche gt3 cup cars for years yes occasions we had a crack but nothing major we are talking about a car that weighs more and has double the power nearly so I would not worry bout them obviously check the regularly just like you should anyway :)